Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Monday, September 19, 2005

Cozumel Trip - Sept 2005

Photo by: Monty Chandler

Cozumel Mexico is a very special place for me. I had a chance to make another visit the week after Labor Day. Our stay at the Suites Bahia was once again a great experience and our diving with Aldora Divers was its usual excellence.

We were a little concerned with the effects of hurricane Emily. We were told that Cozumel had recovered from the storm but we're a little skeptical. However, our fears were unfounded as Cozumel had indeed cleaned up and had recovered. Not only was San Miguel its normal charming self, but the reefs had not been affected that much either.

The southern end of the reefs did have a little sand on them from the churning of the ocean during the storm, but nature will take care of herself. The diving was wonderful as usual. It's what we have come to expect of Cozumel diving.

I took a little extra time on this trip - some very long afternoon walks - to take photos of Cozumel in an attempt to capture a bit of its charm. I hope you enjoy the photos via the link at the bottom. This trip we went over to the mainland and took a bus down to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins. What a treat. When I get those photos up, I'll post another Blog entry with a link to those photos as well.

Cozumel photos: http://www.montychandler.com/cozumel.htm

Cozumel underwater photos: http://www.montychandler.com/UW%20Cozumel.htm

Cheers,

Monty

www.montychandler.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home