Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Outer Banks


My week at the Outer Banks of North Carolina is almost complete. Ocracoke Island, Hatteras Island (where we camped), Bodie Island, Currituck Island - all parts of what make up a beautiful barrier island paradise off the coast of North Carolina.

A week is the minimum amount of time needed to explore these islands as the chain is 100 miles in length with speed limits that are as low as 25 averaging about 40. There are many State Parks, National Parks, Lighthouses and National shoreline to check out in addition to boutiques & restaurants.

Protecting the dunes is foremost in managing this natural wonder. There are numerous entry points for vehicles to drive on the beach - but beware, you'll need an SUV with 4-wheel drive and high clearance if you plan to go out on the beaches.

I've tried to capture the various aspects of these islands in the photographs in this gallery. I hope you enjoy the images as much as I've enjoyed my week here in coastal paradise.

Next week I'll be in our nations capital being a tourist to the core and then after the July 4th weekend I'll be headed down to the South Carolina coast bordering with Georgia. Charleston, Hilton Head, Hunting Island and Savannah are on the agenda for the beginning of July.

Hawaii is planned for the end of the month - the big Island! More to come...

Cheers,

Monty

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home