Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Sunday, February 05, 2006

London, England


http://www.montychandler.com/London.htm

This portfolio is made up of photographs taken on one day in London during January 2006. It was a whirlwind tourism blitz on a Sunday. As time was particularly short due to the lighting problems brought on by heavy cloud cover and the shortened days of mid-winter, I endeavored to capture a blend of the tourist imperatives, unique architectures of London, and maybe a little perspective on the complexities found within this large urban environment - including a bit of wildlife.

London is certainly a blend of the old and new. By old, I mean very old. By new, I mean stark contrast. I didn't understand why Prince Charles has said over the last several years that he prefers the old style architecture in London and doesn't really desire the new, until I had visited London. The old styles have a unique feel and character, which the new completely contrasts with - it's almost humorous. Judge for yourself.............

The influence of religion on the architecture was something that I had not thought of previously but on this first visit to London it was very evident. Perhaps it was because I was on the tourist route but it became obvious that the church has played a significant role in the history of London and its architecture.

I enjoyed my stroll through Soho. The diversity stood out. Upscale restaraunts to small hole-in-the-wall pubs. I'd like to spend a bit more time there as it looked like a place where you could have a lot of fun!!

Hope you enjoy the portfolio..

Cheers,

Monty
www.montychandler.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home