Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Amsterdam


http://www.montychandler.com/Amsterdam.htm

Watching very old family videos as a young person - the 8mm type home movies - I first heard of a place called Amsterdam.

It was a place that my father enjoyed visiting while in the Navy. I never really gave it much thought - but I must admit a little smile crossed my lips as I walked around Amsterdam for the very first time in April '06. Almost like a little secret, I understand why it held a special place in his memory.

Amsterdam is a lovely city. Very easy to get around in. The people are wonderful - perhaps a little direct - but pleasant none-the-less. Amsterdam is a place that doesn't "sweat the small stuff" so to speak. It has a unique beauty, diversity of culture, an open attitude, big city ability with a country feel.

This portfolio (Link at the top) contains photos I took during this Spring visit. I hope you enjoy the view as much as I did in doing the photography.

Cheers,

Monty
www.montychandler.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home