Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Blues On First


While in Salt Lake City this past weekend I went to a club called Zanzibar to see a blues band named "Blues On First". The band is a group of talented musicians led by a fantastic guitarist named Paul Blandford. Paul plays a mean blues guitar which will have you sitting on the edge of your seat trying to see his fingers fly. Nick Greco is the lead singer who also plays a sultry blues harp. Nick makes the harp sing the blue as well.

The band was fantastic as were the people I met there. Thanks go out to Jason for allowing me to join his family at their table. Always great to see a mom and her sons out having a good time! Ya'll kick ass!

As for Zanzibar, the staff were great, but this is not really a musical venue. They have an adequate stage with poor stage lighting and no sound system at all. I would love to see Blues On First at a place like The Double Door Inn here in Charlotte. Perhaps some day?

It was a great show by a very good blues band though..


Cheers,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home