Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Savannah, GA


Savannah has been on my list of places to visit for a number of years now. For most of my life I have heard stories and read history books concerning the role Savannah has played in the history of the United States. Tales of architecture rivaling New Orleans and Charleston have always lingered in the back of my mind.

Finally, my journey through life has led me to Savannah. Day one was a simple walk through what is a fairly spread out town. The Historic District is large, encompassing many city blocks. Sprinkled throughout the district are many "squares" which are really small parks with plenty of shade trees. Several of them have a fountain as well.

Savannah in July is exceedingly hot and humid. A simple short walk will result in you being wet from sweat. So be prepared for that. There are many reputable tour companies operating in Savannah offering transportation ranging from bus service to horse carriage along with knowledgeable nuggets of historic information concerning many of the period houses, churches, and public buildings .

There are many museums occupying the more well known houses. If you have the time and are willing to hand over the cash to walk through the house you'll witness beautiful interior architecture and furnishings. Talk about antiques!!

Here's a link to images I captured during my short visit to Savannah.

Cheers,

Monty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home