Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hawaii


Sometimes timing aligns with simple luck! The weather in the Carolinas has been miserably hot and sticky this month with last weekend expecting 100 degree days. It just so happened that I was scheduled to photograph a wedding in Hawaii on the 24th which allowed me to miss 4 days of scorching heat and instead enjoy beautiful vistas and a cool trade breeze! Timing and luck shone through!

This was my 3rd visit to the Kanapala Resort on the southeastern shore of Oahu. It's a beautiful resort complete with a Dolphin lagoon - if you just have to touch a dolphin! The lagoon features lovely tropical fish, stingrays and sea turtles. As a very popular destination for Japanese vacationers, the resort is secluded on its private beach and prides itself on the service and fine dining available.

In addition to the wedding photography, I was able to get out and visit Pearl Harbor for the first time. With the museum under renovations, I'd have to say I was a little disappointed in the overall presentation of the National Park. The Arizona Memorial was quite nice and the tourists very respectful.

Here's a link to a few shots I got during my short stay.

Cheers,

Monty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home