Monty Chandler Photography

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and photographic works of the things I choose to shoot. Sharing my views of what I see, capturing them in photography and converting them into art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Alaska Update #2


Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to visit a bit of Alaska. I went up to Denali and was fortunate enough to see and photograph a bull moose. Great photos of the moose as well as scenic photos of the park, including McKinley. After Denali I went up to Fairbanks and saw the Northern lights. I took a few photos, but since I did not have a tripod they didn't come out very well.
After I had the Bull Moose photo, next on the list was the Grizzly. For that I went down to the Kenai. The Russian River specifically. This would have been easy in June or July, but in September the bears aren't as visible. However, after a 7 hour wait in a prime fishing spot at the Russian River Falls, the famous Brown Bear arrived to catch his dinner. Trusting that the bear just wanted to catch a few salmon, I managed to get close to the action for some great shots of the bear catching and eating his salmon.

The last item on my photo list for this trip was the American Bald Eagle. I had heard that Homer, AK was a great place to get close to the Eagle. I know that the best time for photographing the bird is March/April - but I'm here in September.. I managed today to get a few shots of this magnificent bird. Not the action shots I hope to one day get, but a few closeups nonetheless.
Before leaving I'll have to get some shots of Wasilla - not that I had ever heard of Palin, but while I'm here I may as well take a few snaps of the town in its 15 minutes of fame.

Once I get back home I'll upload photos from this trip. Got some real sweet pictures to share..

Cheers,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home